Monday 10 October 2011

Am I too old for this...?

This weekend, for the first time in a very long time I went to a party and stayed up all night (!) only wending my extremely weary way home at 7am. I was up again at 10am to see a friend run a half marathon (well done Tamarin McG) and only ended up in my wonderful bed 12 hours later having failed somehow to squeeze in a much deserved afternoon nap and chosen to do washing instead (for shame). Today I pay for my "rockstar lifestyle", feeling like I've been run over (repeatedly). I can't remember the last time I felt this knackered and I'm beginning to wonder what's happened to my stamina - I'm sure three hours of sleep was more than enough when I was 18, and I've definitely stayed up till dawn at many parties before this - but it seems those days are behind me.

This all begs the question - how am I going to cope 14 hour days driving; followed by checkpoint parties and tent sleeping? Anyone got any good car games to keep my mind occupied and car music options to keep us on good form? And of course energy drink recommendations (only of the legal kind please, I have enough problems without that) are most welcome. In fact, if anyone can get hold of any powerthirst (see below), let me know. And if you don't know of powerthirst you must watch all their videos on youtube, this is my favourite but they are all pretty crazy, and awesome.


 

Gratutious amounts of energy, sounds right up my street...

No comments:

Post a Comment