Thursday 15 September 2011

We're a-go-go

Hooray! Our deposit has been accepted, we've signed the paperwork and we're ready to get this show on the road.

From 20 June - 6 July next year we'll be out on the open roads of Southern Africa - trying to make it from check point to check point without any real alarm or life-threatening drama. I'm hoping our feminie wiles will get us out of most of our trouble but I do think I should probably learn something about mechanics in the next few months, just in case. In fact, I do solemnly swear that before June next year I shall learn how to fix a broken carborator (I can't even spell it...let alone find it in a car) - using only a stocking, sand and chewing gum. Are there evening Mechanics courses? And will this be like that episode of Frasier...?

Before that though I best tell my boss I need 3 weeks off, and my mum that I plan to engage in something where disclaimer # 1 reads:
I understand that this is not an organised holiday or safari tour. I, and my Crew, acknowledge that this is an unassisted African adventure and by its very nature, very dangerous. I may be injured, wounded, bitten or even killed. I agree that I am responsible for myself and will have no claim against the organisers should anything bad happen to me.

Hmm...I guess if I'm about to embark on a 17 day adventure across 7 countries in Africa I should probably be able to face my boss, and my mum...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment