Wednesday 7 March 2012

THE ROUTE!

It's been announced! 
EXCITEMENT! 

With only 104 days to go till we hit the road the official Put Foot Rally route has been announced. Bad news is we won't be going through Botswana anymore (although this does mean an excuse to do a 2 week tour just of the Okavango in the future...poor me) and we'll miss Swaziland (I can probably include this on a different SA trip) but the good news is we pass through Zimbabwe - yes mum, you might see me on route.  The official CHECK POINTS in the various countries haven't been announced yet but a basic outline of where we'll be when is here:


Note the number of rest days, phew! And note the amazing places we'll get to go through and via - Caprivi, Etosha and Vilankulos to name but a few.  I'd like to state now, and for the record, that I am not strong on the navigation side of things but I am good at "planning" so get ready for a range of posts on the awesome things we are going to see enroute and why you should be pretty envious (as if you weren't already!).

We also end in Mozambique which will be awesome but also allows me to feel vindicated for not having booked my flights yet - that might have been a balls up. Procrastination saved the day - nice.

3 comments: