Sunday 10 June 2012

This time next week...

...Robs and Laura will be in Johannesburg braaing meat, drinking gin and seeing many folks they haven't seen in far far too long. They will also be T minus 2 days from RALLYING! And so, this weekend we've been SHOPPING! As you can see, the excitement has me capitalising. That's always a bad sign.

Image from a website which speaks of "sensible shopping" - lesson not learned. 
Things I have bought this weekend....include but are not limited to:
1) A Michael Crichton - MICRO - unfortunately set in Hawaai rather than Africa so I shall have to read it on the plane. Manageable. Other reading material - Dark Star Safari (Theroux's own Cape To Cairo - fodder for our next adventure perhaps...) and some sort of action novel set in the Congo - I believe the tag line is "if Bourne sold shares this is what would happen" - so ready!
2) On the reading front I also found audio books in Poundland - a total of 26 hours entertainment for 2 great british pounds! One set in Africa, the other set in turn of the century Germany - we've our entertainment fairly covered I'd say!
3) Many many little costume pieces. Space be damned!
4) Clothes - so many new lovely things that I claim I need for the Rally - moohaha - almost all of them come from Primark so I'm calling it a test of their endurance...
5) A notebook - unlikely we'll be able to blog our adventures that often so we'll have to do it the old fashioned way. It's not a moleskin but you can't have everything.




EEE! I'm not sure it's healthy to be as excited as I am but c'est la vie!

<--------- And this is totally my excited face!

No comments:

Post a Comment