Thursday 7 June 2012

You've helped us before, you can help us again!

Surprisingly enough, this post is not about money. Although if you haven't given us your money yet, you should be ashamed and the donate button is RIGHT THERE. ------->

No, what we need advice on now is much much more fun but challenging in it's own way. Whatever are we going to wear?! Obviously along the way I'm going to look the best I've ever looked in shorts, tracksuits and T-shirts of somewhat dubious cleanliness vintage...but what about the parties! As we're previously discussed Lyn, Robs and Laura like dress up so we can't be out-done. However, we're also on a pretty tight space budget so we need awesome costumes fashioned out of things that can be squashed up into tiny spaces or that we can reasonably pack into the car. Here are the themes - suggestions anyone....?

From here.

1) Crew Theme - we'll, we're Penny Pitstop and the Pedal Pushers - this seems like it should be fairly easy. Although I'm not sure pedal pushers are actually in fashion and therefore they can't be that easy to find. Perhaps I can just roll up my track suit bottoms. That's hardly inspired though....
2) Animal Kingdom - Lyn thinks zebras, Robs like lambs, I want to bring my stuffed toy giraffee on the rally and am totally going to use this party as the excuse. This is early on in the rally so we won't be able to use it as an excuse for our crazy "wind-swept" hair and general bedraggledness (watch out for the end of rally)
3) Royal Gala - Robs and Laura live in London, we watched the flotilla in the pouring rain - if anyone can do royal surely we can? Maybe I'll buy my mum that royal novelty tea towel that she wants - use it in the rally - and then hand it over at the end...?
4) Ai Kariba Kariba - Lyn has the sombreros, all we need is an excuse to fit them into Constance. Any suggestions? I don't think holding a bottle of tequilla counts as dress up, but it is mexican....
5) Almost full moon - I'm thinking there's a werewolf reference here that we could totally work to our bedraggled good. Thoughts?
6) Only being announced on the way....

I've said it before and I'll say it again - hell yeah!

1 comment:

  1. The tequila is coming with regardless so might as well be used as a dress-up prop too!

    ReplyDelete